Leasing is a widespread and highly suitable form of financing for equipment, machinery, and vehicles for industry and the public sector. SG Finans pays the cost price to the supplier and becomes the owner of the equipment.
Your organisation obtains the use of the equipment by paying a rental charge over an agreed period, normally from 3 to 7 years, depending on the type of equipment and what you as a customer want, as long as this is in proportion to the anticipated economic lifetime.
Core product areas
SG Finans offers leasing in most industries and for most types of equipment.
How to become a customer
To enter into a leasing agreement with SG Finans is a simple process. Below you will find a case example on how to enter into a leasing agreement.
Frees operating capital to be used in other areas and you get up to 100% financing.
- Up to 100% financing.
- Frees operating capital to be used in other areas.
- No advance payment of VAT on the date of acquisition.
- Simple budgeting and accounting, since the lease is expensed completely.
- Does not tie up the company's other collateral options, because we normally only take collatoral in the equipment.
- Better ratio on the balance sheet, because the leasing objects are not normally capitalised in the accounts.
- Tax deductions are larger for leasing than for loans, because the total depreciation with loan finance is lower than the total rental costs in the lease period.
- Financial spread.
- Faster tax entry of investment expenses.
- Write-down of the equipment in line with loss of equipment value.
- Flexibility. Leasing payments can be adapted to earnings, allowing for seasonal fluctuations.
- Improved liquidity. Costs are distributed over the period the equipment is used and are generating earnings.
- Full right of use of the equipment. It is the right of use, not the ownership, that creates the basis for income and profits.
- Enables outdated equipment to be regularly replaced with up-to-date, efficient equipment.
- Opportunities for joint operation with several farmers entering a joint leasing agreement (agriculture).
Why choose SG Finans?
We are specialists and market leader within equipment finance with in-depth knowledge about equipment and different industries. This is enhanced by our local presence and cooperation with leading suppliers.
We offer fast and flexibel customer service at competitive prices including favorable insurance schemes. In addition to that we provide excellent digital solutions that give our customers a full overview of their customer relationship with us.
Leasing or loan
Tax deductions are larger for leasing than for loans, because the total depreciation with loan finance is lower than the total rental costs in the lease period. The company choosing leasing therefore has deferred tax.
- NOK 700,000 Investment
- 20 % Depreciation rate
- 5 years Leasing period
Comparison between leasing and loan
Advance payment of VAT
Leasing NoLoan Yes
Normally a requirement for additional security
Leasing NoLoan Yes
Faster tax entry of expenses
Leasing YesLoan No
Normally a requirement for equity
Leasing NoLoan Yes
In cooporation with the European Investment Bank we offer beneficial financing to customers who meet certain requirements.
You get a 0.25% reduction in interest rates over a maximum period of 5 years, depending on when the leasing agreement starts. The last possible periode for recieving the discount is at the end of September 2021.
Contact us regarding EIB financing next time you will finance equipment.
The insurance terms that apply to you are depending on the type of equipment leased/rented through SG Finans.
Please contact us for any questions regarding insurance and terms.