Leasing is a widespread and highly suitable form of financing for equipment, machinery, and vehicles for industry and the public sector. SG Finans pays the cost price to the supplier and becomes the owner of the equipment.
Your organisation obtains the use of the equipment by paying a rental charge over an agreed period, normally from 3 to 7 years, depending on the type of equipment and what you as a customer want, as long as this is in proportion to the anticipated economic lifetime.
Core product areas
SG Finans offers leasing in most industries and for most types of equipment.
How to become a customer
To enter into a leasing agreement with SG Finans is a simple process. Below you will find a case example on how to enter into a leasing agreement.
Frees operating capital to be used in other areas and you get up to 100% financing.
- Up to 100% financing.
- Frees operating capital to be used in other areas.
- No advance payment of VAT on the date of acquisition.
- Simple budgeting and accounting, since the lease is expensed completely.
- Does not tie up the company's other collateral options, because we normally only take collatoral in the equipment.
- Better ratio on the balance sheet, because the leasing objects are not normally capitalised in the accounts.
- Tax deductions are larger for leasing than for loans, because the total depreciation with loan finance is lower than the total rental costs in the lease period.
- Financial spread.
- Faster tax entry of investment expenses.
- Write-down of the equipment in line with loss of equipment value.
- Flexibility. Leasing payments can be adapted to earnings, allowing for seasonal fluctuations.
- Improved liquidity. Costs are distributed over the period the equipment is used and are generating earnings.
- Full right of use of the equipment. It is the right of use, not the ownership, that creates the basis for income and profits.
- Enables outdated equipment to be regularly replaced with up-to-date, efficient equipment.
- Opportunities for joint operation with several farmers entering a joint leasing agreement (agriculture).
Why choose SG Finans?
We are specialists and market leader within equipment finance with in-depth knowledge about equipment and different industries. This is enhanced by our local presence and cooperation with leading suppliers.
We offer fast and flexibel customer service at competitive prices including favorable insurance schemes. In addition to that we provide excellent digital solutions that give our customers a full overview of their customer relationship with us.
Leasing or loan
Tax deductions are larger for leasing than for loans, because the total depreciation with loan finance is lower than the total rental costs in the lease period. The company choosing leasing therefore has deferred tax.
- NOK 700,000 Investment
- 20 % Depreciation rate
- 5 years Leasing period
- NOK 0.00 Leasing Equipment depreciated
- NOK 327,680 Loan Residual balance after depreciation
Comparison between leasing and loan
Advance payment of VAT
Leasing NoLoan Yes
Normally a requirement for additional security
Leasing NoLoan Yes
Faster tax entry of expenses
Leasing YesLoan No
Normally a requirement for equity
Leasing NoLoan Yes
As a result of a good collaboration between SG Finans and the European Investment Bank (www.eib.org), we have the pleasure of offering our clients beneficial financing.
SG Finans have received a credit line from the European Investment Bank (www.eib.org) to support low-carbon transport modes and equipment leasing to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), midcaps and public and private sector entities in Norway.
Our collaborations with European Investment Bank commenced in 2014, and through successful allocations over the last 4 years, we have had the pleasure of offering this beneficial financing to more than six thousand unique clients.
The new credit line emphasizes our climate change commitments by supporting a variety of investments that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and support a low-carbon growth.
Eligible clients will receive a reduction on their interest rate provided by European Investment Bank. In addition, the reduction has the potential to be offered for a length of five years for SME sub projects and seven years for climate action sub projects undertaken by public sector entities and larger corporations.
In order to be eligible, there are a minimum of requirements that need to be fulfilled. Please use the links below in order to see if your company and investments are qualified.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
The insurance terms that apply to you are depending on the type of equipment leased/rented through SG Finans.
Please contact us for any questions regarding insurance and terms.